Decided to put this page up for all you guys and gals
out there having a
problem getting your USB-MIDI cable working in the
new Windows 7
Ok the product we are talking about is the cable you
can buy on Ebay and there are a few versions....
+ other versions...
Downloading driver from
(If the Link changes it is the Vista driver for EMU x Midi 1x1 cable)
Used WinRAR to extract the contents of this file
Once WinRAR is installed right click the EXE file and choose
- plugged in the USB Midi Cable
- goto the device manager - Type in devmgmt.msc
then [enter] in the Start Search text box
- sound, Video and Game Controllers was already
expanded with VIEWCON having a yellow icon
- clicked VIEWCON and chose option UPDATE DRIVER
- chose Browse My Computer for driver software
- chose Let me pick from a list of device drivers
on my computer
- chose the 'Have Disk' option and pointed it
to the inf file in the folder I had extracted
THAT SHOULD NOW WORK !